Monday, April 14, 2008

The Last Days

You're one week away.

Here's where we stand:

I've turned in my work. Until someone tells me what to do with it next, I'm sitting around.

Your mom is sitting around.

There's a lot of sitting around.

Your mom is reading about how to self induce labor and talking about buying a trampoline. She's ready.

The office is no more, replaced by a guest bedroom, eventually home to the world's greatest South African au pair. There's now a desk and a computer about five feet from our bed which has raised some issues. Apparently typing doesn't count as 'white noise'.

Most of your gear has been assembled, installed, washed, experimented with, etc. Your mom has turned on the swing and stared at it while it makes ocean noises. I may have mentioned that she's ready.

I'm beginning a week of books about baby mind control. I don't think that's technically how they describe themselves, but that's what I'm looking to get out of them.

And I'm finishing up these letters.

Novel - turned in as a screenplay
Dunking - final measurements this week
French - The new plan is to learn together

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, the contrast of perspective. I read that Amy's ready to get them out early just after I read another blog from a friend that's just trying to keep him in as long as possible.

I hope you both get what you're looking for!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back....you don't know me but I've really loved this blog. Hope that's not too creepy...Glad things are still well after your absence and look forward to more. Have a great week! Liz

Erin said...

Wow how the time flies! I'm so glad your babies held out, mine decided to come almost 2 weeks ago when I was only 31 weeks!

I can't wait until Amy informs us that those babies have arrived and I can not wait to see pictures. They are going to be beautiful!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online